“Pray continually for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18
We have a strong prayer ministry in our Church and we provide prayer support for ourselves and others in the following ways.
1. We have regular times of prayer. On Sunday mornings at 9.30am, a small group meets to pray for the concerns of the church and the world. They also offer prayer for those known to us who have asked for it. All are welcome to join them.
We also organise times of collective prayer, usually on the 3rd Wednesday of each month 7.00-8.00pm. Check Newmount News for details of the next scheduled date.
2. We have a prayer book in our church porch - this is available for prayer requests when our church is open. Any requests added to this book are included in our “Prayers for Others” (Intercessions), which take place during every Sunday Service. We also try to remember these requests during our personal prayers during the week.
3. After all our services our prayer team are available to provide prayer support for any who need it. There is a small table at the back of the main worship area.
4. If you would like individual prayer for a personal concern, we have some ‘Prayer Pockets’ on the wall in the porch. These are collected and prayer over by members of the Prayer Team.
5. We have an ongoing prayer chain. This is a large group of people who will answer a request for prayer within a short space of time as the message is passed by telephone or email.